What is the CSD Bully Free Schools Initiative?
The purpose of the Christina School District (CSD) Bully Free Schools Initiative is to heighten awareness around the issue of bullying and to promote a safe learning environment for all students. The initiative includes professional development, sharing of research based information, recommendations and interventions, and activities for administrators, staff, students and parents.
What is Bullying?
- Aggressive behavior that is intentional and involves an imbalance of power and strength
- Physical or psychological intimidation that occurs repeatedly over time
- Bullying can be direct (i.e., taunting, hitting, or stealing); boys are most often overt bullies
- Bullying can be indirect (i.e., Spreading rumors or exclusion); girls are most often indirect bullies
The Four Types of Bullying
- Physical Bullying
- Hitting, kicking or pushing someone
- Stealing, hiding or ruining someone's things
- Making someone do something he or she doesn't want to do
- Verbal Bullying
- Name calling
- Relationship Bullying
- Refusing to talk to someone
- Spreading lies and rumors about someone
- Making someone feel left out or rejected
- Instant messaging
- Chat Rooms
- Communication technologies
Contact (Ombudsperson) - 1-800-220-5414